Branches open this summer in Yokohama and Fukuoka.
Up until 2005, Bandai and Namco were two separate corporations, each with various subdivisions of their very own specializing in anime, toys, home console video games, arcade machines, and more. So after they merged and have become Bandai Namco, the family tree got even greater, and now they’re getting a suitably gigantic specialty store.
Behold: the Bandai Namco Cross Store!
Bandai Namco is opening two branches of the brand-new megastore, one in Yokohama’s World Porters entertainment complex (pictured above) and the opposite in Fukuoka’s Canal City shopping mall (as seen below).
Each looks prefer it’s going to cover essentially a complete floor of its constructing, and inside might be roughly a dozen different sub-stores, so let’s take a take a look at the lineup.
1. Tamashii Nations in Cross Store Entry Models, carrying figures from the Robotdamashii, S.H. Figuarts, Figuarts Zero, and Figuarts-mini lines
2. Ichibankuji Shop, with a rotating collection of the lottery system’s limited-time prizes
3. Gashapon Bandai Official Shop, full of capsule toy machines that are themselves full of Bandai Namco-produce capsule toys
4. Bancolle Select Store, the first-ever physical-location store for Bandai Namco’s adult-oriented character apparel brand
5. Bandai Spirits Hobby Shop, one other first-ever physical store, with a deal with beginner-friendly plastic model kits from outside the Gundam franchise
6. Bandai Namco Cross Store One Piece Card Game Official Shop, the primary dedicated store for the One Piece collectable card game, which will even host classes for beginners and competitions
7. Banpreya, a crane game specialty store with near 100 different available prizes
8. Bandai Sofvi Station (Yokohama branch only), carrying a wide selection of soppy vinyl (“sofvi”) figures
9. Bikkura Tamago Official Shop, where yow will discover all kinds of items from the Bikkura Tamago series of egg-shaped bath salts with toys inside
10. Bandai Candy Official Shop, for snack/toy combo items
11. Sun Star Stationery Store, with character-themed notebooks, pouches, and the like
As well as, each Bandai Namco Cross Store will even contain a Namco arcade, Capsule Toy Store (with 2,200 capsule toy machines in Yokohama and 1,500 in Fukuoka), and event space for VR activities, food collaborations, and other festivities.
▼ The primary event might be titled Shin Japan Heroes Amusement World and have Evangelion, Godzilla, Ultraman, and Kamen Rider.
Bandai Namco Cross Store opens in Yokohama on July 7 and in Fukuoka on July 16.
Bandai Namco Cross Store Yokohama / バンダイナムコ Cross Store 横浜
Address: Kanagawa-ken, Yokohama-shi, Chuo-ku, Shinko 2-2-1, World Porters 2nd floor
Open 10:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
Bandai Namco Cross Store Hakata / バンダイナムコ Cross Store 博多
Fukuoka-ken, Fukuoka-shi, Hakata-ku, Sumiyoshi 1-2-74 Canal City Hakata South Constructing basement level 1
福岡県福岡市博多区住吉1丁目2-74 キャナルシティ博多 サウスビルB1
Open 10 a.m.-9 p.m.